Friday, September 16, 2011

Sooner Saturdays

Sooner Saturdays

Gearing up for game this weekend...OU at Florida State Saturday night.  But the best part is that this game is the home of ESPN College GameDay this weekend and we'll start to experience the excitement Saturday morning on the show!

I usually have a game day shirt that I wear throughout the season for most Saturdays, but I have yet to find one for this year.  So while on Polyvore the other night I started playing around and looking for one.  I still haven't found one, but I did have fun coming up with this set.  I actually own about half of these items and think it's a look I would wear.  I just need to buy that tank top!  Too bad this featured tank is $155 from Harrods, in the UK.  I'll keep looking at Forever 21.

I just grabbed this quick tid-bit of information from www.soonersports.com that I thought you might like to know.

Q. What is OU's history with Florida State?

Since a 36-19 loss in the first meeting with Florida State in 1964, Oklahoma has reeled off five wins in the series (5-1, OU). Included in that streak are three Orange Bowl victories at the end of the 1979, 1980 and 2000 seasons. Aside from that first meeting, both teams have been ranked in every meeting. Although the Sooners have played the Seminoles four of six times in the state of Florida, OU has never played FSU in Tallahassee.


I still vividly remember watching the 2000 Orange Bowl against Florida State. It was a cold winter night in Oklahoma and I gathered with a few friends to watch it from home. We were so excited to see the Sooners crowned National Champions! It was the icing on the cake to an undefeated season for the Sooners and my Freshman year at OU.

Here's to another undefeated season...BOOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment