Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Welcome Fall

Fall is here in the mountains. The aspen trees are turning golden yellow, the air is crisp, and it is smart  to watch more carefully for wildlife on the road.  If you are lucky, you might even run into a family of moose.  In town there are very few cars on the streets, and if you desire to eat out, you might have to try two or three restaurants before you find one that is open.


It is also that time of year when I start dreaming of the perfect pair of boots that I will wear with every outfit. I will begin to search for jeans, and sweaters, and dresses, and tights to complement these boots.

I have been longing for a pair of Frye boots for quite a while now, but because they are such an investment I have yet to take the plunge. A couple years ago I was lucky enough to walk into Target and come across a version of the Frye Harness Boot and scooped them up for $50.  I've worn those boots out!  Literally, I just pulled them out of the box the other day and was reminded to find a cobbler in Denver to replace the heel that I've worn through.

So in honor of my favorite season for shopping I created a set on Polyvore.com that I hope you enjoy.
Both of the boots pictured in this set are by Frye and top contenders for the Fall 2011 Dream Boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment