Saturday, October 1, 2011

Colors of Fall

I am blessed to live in such a beautiful place.  I am constantly in awe of creation and the majesty of the mountains we live among.  I have shared that fall is one of my favorite times of the year.  I don't love fall just because it is the season to start shopping for boots and sweaters and jeans, but because we have the opportunity to watch the Aspen trees changing colors before they shed their leaves.

View from our Driveway


The weather the past few weeks has been exceptionally perfect.  It can't get any better than temperatures in the 70's, clear blue skies, with lots of sunshine, and the most beautiful fall colors I have ever witnessed.  So finally this week I took the opportunity to get outside and try to capture this season with my camera.

Having Fun in the Leaves
I am definitely NOT a photographer, but I do LOVE photography.  I am getting more comfortable with my sweet little Canon G10 point and shoot camera.  It really takes great pictures!  I don't know anything about Aperture or Shutter Speed or ISO.  I just play with the settings on this guy until I get the result I'm looking for, and sometimes I just get lucky!

I love the layers in this picture...
leaves in front framing the photo, the cluster of trees in the middle, and then the view of the aspens scattered along the ridge.



Beautiful Morning



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment